Wednesday, April 15, 2009

:: VirtualBox 2.2.0 ::

Hey... how outdated was I? Today I was talking to psychicist on #bluewhite64 and the talk came to "virtualization". Then I thought "hmmm I should check VirtualBox site just to see if they have any news". And indeed they had. Version 2.2.0 was released one week ago :)

Well, I started the download and at the same time I told my Windows XP VM to get some rest. I then installed the new VBox and fire up that same VM. Holy Yoda! This time Windows XP booted much faster! Plus, I could install the vboxadditions remotely (something that gave me some headache last time), rebooted the system (very fast) and there it is, running again.

Congratulations to the VBox team!

I will let you guys know if I find anything more (be it good or bad)

No comments: