Tuesday, April 22, 2008

:: PC - The new Coruscant and about Linux x86_64 ::

OK, as promised on the last post, here go two pictures of the new encarnation of Coruscant:

Coruscant front

Coruscant side

So, what do you think? Weird enough?

About Linux... as I said before... or at least I think I did, I am running Bluewhite64 on my computer. It is an unofficial port of Slackware for the 64bits architeture. The thing is I was willing to compile and create packages for BW64 of KDE4 (and its dependencies). I did it. But since some programs I do need don't compile under QT4, like K3B (a software to help burning CDs/DVDs)... I had to go back to KDE 3.

Oh well... I spent a good amount of time on this task on the weekend. But ok, it wasn't a wasted time. I learned a bit more about the process. Now all I have to do is wait for the K3B guys to port it to QT4... and then.. bye bye KDE3 ;)

OK, I am in a rush to go home. See ya!

No comments: