Wednesday, April 07, 2010

:: Buggy OpenSSH? ::

OK, after installing Slackware64 on my computer, I went for an upgrade to slackware64-current. No news, I talked about this on the last post. But then I decided to go for RSAAuthentication on openssh. I used that s sometime ago and now was time to go back to it. I did everything correctly but... it wouldn't work. What the hell?

Bellow is what I would get on my log:

Apr 7 00:04:13 coruscant sshd[650]: Failed publickey for kenjiro from x.x.x.x port 32880 ssh2
I wasted more than 2 hours messing with my configs to no avail. Now that I was really tired and upset I decided to give a chance to google ;)

Here I found a discussion about the exact problem I was having. So, until openssh guys fix this problem, all I have to do is to edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config:

1- where you see this
AuthorizedKeysFile .ssh/authorized_keys
2- you change to
AuthorizedKeysFile %h/.ssh/authorized_keys
Did you notice the "%h/"? Yes, that does the magic.

So, happy sshing for you too.

No comments: